Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Reflection 1- First Teaching Experience (Planning)


Cre’Shawn
When I was in the van, in my mind I’m wondering why they are having us jump straight into teaching little kids. We were not prepared at all. I also thought no one went to F.L. Schlagle library anymore. But when we got there they showed us a tour and they started telling us what we would get to do with the children. It was important for us to make things as simple as possible while we were going to be teaching. Then we found out that we were going to be teaching 5 year olds. In my mind, I’m thinking isn’t that the age when they are annoying? Then she told us that we were going to be teaching about decomposition. I was confused because, I’m wondering there’s no way 5 year olds will be able to understand what decomposition means. They barely know what STOP means.  
I liked the fact that when we got there we got straight to work, so we could have time to be creative with the lesson we will be teaching on Thursday. At first, I thought we were going to be teaching that day, but then I realized that it was going to be the next Thursday that will be coming up. I also liked the fact that we were going to be teaching a group of twelve. This usually means the group will be easily controlled as if it was 25 or 30.
I really didn’t like the fact that we were going to be walking in the woods and messing with dirt and trash, because I’m not an outdoor person. I’m scared of deers and other animals that live in the forest, but I am glad that it isn’t that long that we have to  be outside.  I learned that dirt is poop. The only part I like about being outside was that we were going to be reading to them outside.
I believe that we have a good lesson planned to teach, because we put a lot of thought into our lesson and creativity into our lesson. I think if we had a little more practice or time I think we would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment